Holy Trinity Church

Catasauqua, Pennsylvania

Holy Trinity Church

Founded 1899

Status:

Serviced by:  Diocesan Clergy

Diocese: Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania

Deanery: Philadelphia Deanery

Address

1023 5th St
Catasauqua, Pennsylvania 18032

Email: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

http://www.holytrinityoca.org

Parish Contacts

No contact information is currently available.

Directions

General Location
Catasauqua is a small town located next to both Allentown and Bethlehem, PA.

From Rt 22
Exit Fullerton St.  Go north on Fullerton, turn right on Pine St, cross the Pine Bridge, and go up Pine St.  Turn left on 5th St and continue to the Church.

Schedule of Services

9:00 AM Divine Liturgy.  The Hours are read beginning 20 minutes before the Liturgy.
Sunday Morning

As announced.  Please see church website for schedule.
Eves of Great Feasts

As announced.  Please see church website for schedule.
Mornings of Great Feasts

Other services are held as announced in the parish bulletin and on the website.  We celebrate the Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts on Wednesdays throughout Great Lent.  EDUCATION: Sunday school for grades K through 8th are held at 10:45-11:30 AM through out the school year.  Adult seeker classes are held as needed.  FOR FURTHER INFORMATION call the church at 610-443-0268 or email at holytrinityoca@yahoo.com.  Please join us!
[Will appear after all other details]

Parish Background

Around 1891 an influx of Russian speaking people from Russia, Austria-Hungary, Poland and other Slavic speaking Europeans began seeking to settle in Catasauqua and the surrounding area because of employment opportunities available in the cement quarries, steel mills, fabric works and shoe factory.  The available fertile farmland made this a desirable location for many people, and the rolling hills were reminiscent of the Carpatho-Russian lands.  All of these things began sowing the seed for Holy Trinity Orthodox Catholic Church.

In 1899 the lime cornerstone was laid and blessed by Father Alexis Tovt (Toth), who later was proclaimed St. Alexis of Wilkes-Barre.  On November 22, 1903, the church was consecrated by the Most Reverend Archbishop Tikhon (later Patriarch of all Russia and now St. Tikhon of Moscow), ruling primate of the Russian Orthodox Greek Catholic Church in America.  On October 20, 1907, the first rectory was blessed by Archbishop Platon.

In 1918 the Icon of the Mother of Pochaev, one of 300 world wide, was purchased.  The riza was restored in 2008.  It hangs over the Royal Doors of the Iconostas.  The Feast Day of her commemoration is July 23 (also on Friday of Bright Week and September 8).

Over the years, Holy Trinity Church planted seeds of the One, True Faith throughout the Lehigh Valley of Pennsylvania.  St. Nicholas Russian Orthodox Church in Bethlehem, PA is the fruit of one of those seeds.  Following in the footsteps of our forefathers in the Faith, Holy Trinity continues to plant seeds of the Faith in our local and surrounding communities in the Lehigh Valley.  All are welcome!  Please come and worship with us!