Diocese: Diocese of New York and New Jersey
Deanery: New York City Deanery
400 Glenmore Ave
Brooklyn, New York 11207-3523
Brooklyn, NY 11207-3523
Brooklyn, NY 11211
The Church is in the East New York section of Brooklyn on the corner of Pennsylvania and Glenmore Aves. By Subway, take trains A or C to Liberty Avenue Station, then going one block south to the Church.
Schedule of Services
Liturgical language is mostly Slavonic, with English used as required by those attending services. All Services are conducted according to the Julian Calendar.
4:00 PM Great Vespers followed by Confessions.
9:30 AM Hours and Confessions.
10:00 AM Divine Liturgy.
9:00 AM Divine Liturgy.
Mornings of Great Feasts
Confessions are heard one half hour before beginning of Liturgy.
Baptisms are scheduled by appointment.
The Church was founded in 1909 by immigrants from Byelorussia. The current temple was constructed in 1935 in traditional Russian style and was completely redecorated with murals by famed iconographer Pimen M Sofronoff in the late 1950s. The parish has had very difficult times in recent years due to changes in racial complexion of the neighborhood. Few of our dedicated older generation remain. The parish has received new impulse from receltly arrived Russian immigrants settling in the Brooklyn area.