Translation of the relics of the Venerable John of Rila from Trnovo to Rila

On October 19, 1238 the relics of St John of Rila were solemnly transferred to the new capital, Trnovo, and put in a church dedicated to the saint. Then on July 1, 1469 the holy relics of St John were returned to the Rila monastery, where they rest to the present day, granting grace-filled help to all the believers.

See his Life on August 18.