Orthodox Christian Prison Ministry [OCPM], the official prison ministry of the Assembly of Canonical Orthodox Bishops in North and Central America (formerly SCOBA) announces that its 2011 Convocation will take place at the Sheraton Centre Toronto Hilton here June 28 - July 2, 2011.
The purpose of the convocation is to bring together the many Orthodox clergy and laity from around the world who are participating in prison ministry or are interested in participating in prison ministry for a time of fellowship, education, encouragement, communal worship and the free exchange of ideas.
The registration fee is $75.00. A limited number of scholarships are available for those for whom the registration fee would prohibit attendance. Hotel arrangements must be made through OCPM, and should not be made through the hotel. For convocation rates, please contact OCPM at 610-777-1552.
- His Grace, Bishop Mark of Baltimore, Orthodox Church in America.
- His Grace Bishop Irinarkh of Krasnogorsk, Vicar of the Moscow Diocese of the Russian Orthodox Church.
- Chaplain Patrick Tutella, Executive Director of Orthodox Christian Prison Ministry.
- Archimandrite Duane [Pederson], Founding Director of Orthodox Christian Prison Ministry.
- Archpriest John Kowalczyk, Chaplain at SCI Waymart (Forensic Unit), Waymart, PA, and pastor of Saint Michael Church, Jermyn, PA.
- Archpriest Oleg Skomorokh, head of the Department of Prison Service of the St. Petersburg, Russia, Diocese.
- Priest Stephen Powley, OCPM’s Assistant Director.
- Priest Demetrius Nicoloudakis, pastor of St. Matthew’s Greek Orthodox Church in Blandon, PA.
- Monk Cosmas [Shartz].
Members of OCPM’s Minnesota Team, who visit incarcerated men and women in their state, will share their experiences in hosting reunion meals at the church to welcome those back those who are released from prison.