The Preconciliar Commission of the Orthodox Church in America released the agenda for the forthcoming 16th All-American Council slated to be held in Bellevue, WA October 31–November 4, 2011.
The agenda is available in PDF format here. Revisions will be announced as necessary.
It also has been announced that the Council registration deadline has been extended until August 31, in response to requests from numerous parishes.
In related news,
- all parishes throughout the region will participate in the Hierarchical Divine Liturgy on Sunday, October 30, at the Council site.
- the Divine Liturgy will be celebrated each morning, while the Wonderworking Sitka Icon of the Mother of God will be available for veneration throughout the Council. On Wednesday evening, the Akathistos Hymn honoring the Mother of God will be celebrated in the Icon’s presence.
- the opening Council session will be held on Monday evening, October 31, at which His Beatitude, Metropolitan Jonah, will deliver his address.
- a “story booth,” sponsored by the Office of History and Archives, will be available throughout the Council. In a desire to encourage people to “tell their stories of people, parishes, and the Church,” those who wish may digitally record an “oral history,” adding their “stories” as important elements of the Orthodox Church in America’s history.
- tours of Seattle and environs will be available throughout the week.
- all clergy will be asked to update their portraits for the new OCA web site. A photographer will be available throughout the Council for this purpose.
- the Dioceses of the Midwest and West will hold their assemblies on Monday morning, October 31, while the Diocese of the South will hold its assembly in the afternoon.
- breakout sessions will be held in conjunction with plenary sessions three and five, encouraging delegates to discuss openly the Strategic Plan and related issues.
- limited department workshops will be held on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings.
- a formal dinner will be held on Thursday evening.
- vendors and displays will be available throughout the week.