The Lesser Synod of the Orthodox Church in America met at the Chancery of the Orthodox Church in America here on Tuesday, June 21, 2011.
Lesser Synod members present were His Beatitude, Metropolitan Jonah; His Grace, Bishop Nikon of Boston and New England and the Albanian Archdiocese; His Grace, Bishop Tikhon of Philadelphia and Eastern Pennsylvania, Secretary of the Holy Synod of Bishops; and His Grace, Bishop Benjamin of San Francisco and the West.
Also present were His Grace, Bishop Melchisedek of Pittsburgh and Western Pennsylvania, Interim OCA Chancellor, and His Grace, Bishop Michael of New York and New Jersey.
During the meeting, the hierarchs
- discussed various clergy cases and other pastoral issues.
- interviewed a candidate for the episcopacy.
- were updated on the search for a new OCA Chancellor.
- considered an update on the Episcopal search process in the Diocese of the South.
- reviewed Metropolitan Jonah’s travel schedule.
- discussed issues affecting chaplaincies.
- received the report of the OCA Treasurer, Melanie Ringa, and discussed issues related to the funding of the Orthodox Church in America.