Holy Trinity Church

Edmonton, Alberta

Holy Trinity Church

Founded 1955

Diocese: Archdiocese of Canada

Deanery: Alberta Deanery

Address

10902 - 96 St NW
Edmonton, Alberta T5H 2K3
Canada

http://www.holytrinityorthodox.ca

Office: 780-428-1157

Parish Contacts

Archimandrite Philip (Speranza)
Rector
Home: 780-428-1157

Directions

General location
The Church is in the centre of Edmonton, on the north side, in the McAuley District, on what was formerly called “Church Street”.

By Bus
Bus service is available on 95th and 97th streets, one block east or west.

Schedule of Services

Services are in English and Slavonic.  On the THIRD Sunday of the month, services are entirely in English.

The daily services (Midnight Office, Matins, 1,3,6,9th Hours, and Compline) are served each day, but in the rectory. All are welcome, but call ahead to the rectory (780-428-1157) to arrange access or for more information.
Daily

Vespers is served daily in the church at 5:00 PM (4:00 PM on Sunday).
Daily—Evening

9:40 AM Third and Sixth Hours, 10:00 AM Divine Liturgy.
Sunday Morning

9:40 AM Third and Sixth Hours, 10:00 AM Divine Liturgy.
Mornings of Great Feasts

Parish Background

The parish was founded in September of 1955 and celebrated its first Divine Liturgy on November 27, 1955. Refusing to abandon what was then commonly called ‘The Metropolia’ (later the OCA), Archpriest Wasyly Hochachka and the founding members left St. Barbara’s Cathedral to begin a parish they envisioned as truly indigenous, using English in services, and reaching beyond the ethnic community of its original members. In the 1960s, due to difficulties in obtaining a new priest, the parish entered the Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia; but in May of 2001, with the blessing of His Grace, Bishop SERAPHIM, the parish returned to the OCA.