Diocese: Diocese of the Midwest
Deanery: Minneapolis Deanery
523 1st St
Clayton, Wisconsin 54004
511 1st St
Clayton, WI 54004-8901
Amery, WI 54001
Barron, WI 54812
Clayton, WI 54004
Holy Trinity Orthodox Church of Clayton, WI is located at 523 1st St in Vance Creek Township of Barron County, approximately one mile south of County Highway D.
From Eastbound Highway 8
Turn south on 63, then left onto County Highway D. Follow D into Barron County, and turn right onto 1st St (at sign). Church is on left after approximately 1 mile.
From Westbound Highway 8
In town of Almena, turn south on County Highway P. Follow P until it meets with County Highway D. Follow D south, then west. Follow D west until 1st St (one mile past County Highway K). Church is on the left after approximately 1 mile.
From Eastbound Highway 64, or from Interstate 94
Take Highway 63 north. Approximately 4 miles north of the town of Clear Lake, turn right on 60th Ave (look for our Church’s sign just before the turn). Follow 60th Ave to Barron County, and turn right on 1st St (at another sign). The Church is on the left after about 1/4 mile.
From Westbound Highway 64
In town of Connorsville, take County Highway K north. Approximately 2 miles north of the town of Reeve, K will make a sharp bend to the right. At this bend, make a immediate left (at sign). Go about 1/2 mile, and take the first right. Church is on the right.
Schedule of Services
All Services are in English.
9:30 AM Divine Liturgy.
Please see our website or contact us for all other services.
Holy Trinity Orthodox Church was founded in 1902 by Carpatho-Russian immigrants who moved to America to escape constricted conditions at home for the promise of opportunity in America. With their families, these people brought their Orthodox faith, their dedication to the Lord Jesus, and the desire to continue in faith in the New World. As the Church archives put it, “They all believed that one cannot live right without God.”
The first church building was constructed in 1902 and dedicated with the name of St Michael the Archangel. In 1913, Fr Nikita Gress was assigned to be the first resident pastor. In 1920 the original church building burned to the ground, and a new brick building was completed in 1921, and was consecrated in 1930 as Holy Trinity.
It was during the pastorate of Fr Karp Pateyuk that services began to be celebrated in English, as Fr Karp had a strong desire to learn English himself and a desire to benefit the younger generation. Fr Karp served from 1948 to 1959.
The parish today has approximately 90 adults and 40 youth. As the only Church of the area, the witness of the parishoners reaches great distances, and also includes many families of the immediate area. Some of the regular activities of Holy Trinity include a weekly Youth night, regular Bible studies, an annual Harvest Festival which draws over 700 people from the area to the Church, a regular Church School, a Vacation Bible School, participation in St Mary’s summer camp, and support for a wide variety of Church and local community activities. Holy Trinity also boasts of a very active and dedicated Sisterhood.
Dedication to Our Lord Jesus Christ in the Holy Spirit to the Glory of God the Father, the love for family, and the commitment to the parish and surrounding communities make Holy Trinity a spiritual beacon for Western Wisconsin.