St. Andrew Church Accessible

Maple Heights, Ohio

St. Andrew Church

Founded 1968

Diocese: Diocese of the Midwest

Deanery: Cleveland Deanery

Address

16029 Maple Park Dr
Maple Heights, Ohio 44137

Mailing address:

7940 Springledge Rd
Sagamore Hills, OH 44067

http://www.standreweoc.org

Church: 216-475-9365

Parish Contacts

V. Rev. Emilian D Hutnyan
Rector
Home: 330-468-2390
V. Rev. John M Klembara
Pastor Emeritus
1392 Golden Ln
Broadview Heights, OH 44147
Home: 440-526-9333

Lay Leadership

Mrs. Christine Hoover
Lay Contact
15625 Tavern Rd
Burton, OH 44021
Home: 440-834-1837
Ms. Nancy Kazik
Choir Director
Mrs. Christine Hoover
Church School Coordinator

Directions

From the North
Take Route 271 South to Rockside Road. Exit right, take to Dunham Road, turn left.  Maple Park Drive first left.

From the South
Take Route 271 North to Rockside Road.  Exit left, take to Dunham Road, turn left.  Maple Park Drive first left.

From the East
Take Route 422 West to Route 271 South to Rockside Road. Exit right, take to Dunham Road, turn left.  Maple Park Drive first left.

From the West
Take Route 480 East to Route 77 South.  Exit Rockside Road.  Turn left, take to Dunham Road, turn right.  Maple Park Drive first left.

Schedule of Services

4:00 PM Great Vespers (6:00 PM June through August).  Confessions are heard prior.
Saturday Evening

9:40 AM Hours; 10:00 AM Divine Liturgy (from June through August, Hours are at 8:40 AM with Liturgy starting at 9:00 AM).
Sunday Morning

6:00 PM Vespers.
Eves of Great Feasts

10:00 AM Divine Liturgy.
Mornings of Great Feasts

Parish Background

St. Andrew Eastern Orthodox Church started with a dream of the visionary, spiritual leader, the Right Reverend Vladimir Prislopsky.  Under his leadership 5 3/4 acres of land was purchased in Maple Heights.  On January 31, 1963, the parish of St. Michaels’ authorized the building of the church.  In January 1964 preliminary plans were drawn up, and finally on September 10, 1967, the ground breaking was held and the building began

Reverend John Klembara, a son of St. Michael’s parish was appointed rector of St. Andrew Eastern Orthodox Church on August 1, 1968.  He relocated from Binghamton, NY with his family.

The cornerstone was blessed on August 25, 1968 by his Eminence, The Most Reverend John, Archbishop of the Chicago and Minneapolis Diocese. The Right Reverend Vladimir Prislopsky assisted in the blessing as did other visiting clergy.  The first Divine Liturgy was held on September 29, 1968.

On October 26, 1968, the final service was held at St. Mary Holy Protection Russian Orthodox Church in Bedford, OH.  Following the service of Thanksgiving, Father Klembara led a procession carrying the Holy Articles and Plaschanitza out of St. Mary to place them in St. Andrew Church.  The two churches became one.

Over the years various activities were organized to financially support the church. The very first organized fund raising activity was the making of pirohi. Dozens of pirohi were prepared and sold on Fridays.  To this day we continue to hold regular Fish Fry dinners every two weeks on Fridayís from September thru May.

The parishioners of our church wish to acknowledge the leadership and spiritual guidance given to our parish by Reverend John Klembara who retired during the summer of 2000.  He was bestowed the title of Priest Emeritus for his many years of dedicated service.  After months of searching we were again blessed to find a dedicated priest to serve the faithful of our church. In early 2001 Father Emilian Hutnyan was appointed rector of our parish.  We were extremely pleased to welcome Father Emil and his wonderful family—Matushka Laryssa, Natalia, Zachary and Steffan to our church family.  Since their arrival we have experienced a rebirth of activity. We wish Fr. Emil and his family many many years of good health and happiness!