St. Luke the Evangelist Church Accessible

Palos Hills, Illinois

St. Luke the Evangelist Church

Founded 1984

Diocese: Diocese of the Midwest

Deanery: Chicago Deanery

Address

10700 S Kean Ave
Palos Hills, Illinois 60465

http://www.stlukeorthodox.com

Office: 630-243-0893

Parish Contacts

V. Rev. Andrew Harrison
Rector
735 Ledochowski St
Lemont, IL 60439
Home: 630-243-0893
Protodn. Andrew Werbiansky
[Protodeacon]
7407 W 170th St
Tinley Park, IL 60477
Home: 708-532-1171

Lay Leadership

Ms. Paulette Velazquez
Choir Director
1911 W Acres Rd
Joliet, IL 60435
Ms. Maria L Kopulos
Church School Coordinator
450 W 37th Pl #1W
Chicago, IL 60609
Ms. Lauren Dandeles
Youth Coordinator
8940 S 103rd St
Palos Hills, IL 60465

Directions

From the Tri-State (294) Tollway
Exit 95th St West.  Proceed west past Robert’s Rd, past 88th Ave to next light which is Kean Ave.  Turn left (south) on Kean to 107th St and turn right.  Chapel will be on the left.

From Interstate 55
Exit LaGrange south.  Proceed south to 107th St and turn left (east) onto 107. Chapel is on the right.

From LaGrange Rd
Proceed to 107th St and turn east.  Chapel is on the right.

Schedule of Services

5:30 PM Great Vespers.
Saturday Evening

9:30 AM Divine Liturgy.
Sunday Morning

8:30 AM Matins.
Sunday Morning

Confessions are heard before or after all Church services or by appointment.
Confessions

In addition to the above, Lenten, feastday, and special weekly services are offered throughout the church year. All services are posted on the monthly calendar of the website: www.stlukeorthodox.com
Also monthly services with visitation are held at the Garden School in Burbank, IL.  Services can be arranged at nursing homes or Oak Forest Hospital by request.

[Will appear after all other details]

Parish Background

St Luke’s was formed in 1984 as a parish of the Orthodox Church in America.  It evolved from an evening Bible Study where members wanted to deepen their experience of the Orthodox Faith. During this study of Holy Scriptures, a group felt a strong need to move beyond ethnic boundaries and to establish a new Orthodox Parish dedicated to witnessing to the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ through:  worshipping exclusively in the English language; providing a Christian environment for the unchurched Orthodox, unsettled Orthodox and newcomer to the Orthodox Christian Church; becoming a resource center for Orthodox Christian Literature; providing dynamic Christian education for youth and adults; strengthening everyone’s relationship with God and one another.

In August of 2002, the new multi-purpose complex was completed consisting of 6 classrooms, 2 offices, conference room, fellowship hall, and a bell tower. The bells ring throughout the entire Moraine Valley. The new addition is truly a magnificent piece of architecture. The new facility has been opened to various community groups as well.