Holy Resurrection Church Accessible

Palatine, Illinois

Holy Resurrection Church

Founded 1970

Diocese: Diocese of the Midwest

Deanery: Chicago Deanery

Address

1449 N Quentin Rd
Palatine, Illinois 60078

Mailing address:

PO Box 421
Palatine, IL 60078

http://www.hroc-oca.org

Church: 847-358-7321

Parish Contacts

V. Rev. Alexander Kuchta
Rector
7 Cumberland Ct
Cary, IL 60013
Home: 847-516-6025

Lay Leadership

Mr. & Mrs. Michael S & Anna Strelka
Choir Directors
1809 N Ridge Ave
Arlington Heights, IL 60004
Home: 847-577-3997
Mrs. Joyce Bauman
Church School Coordinator

Directions

General Location
Holy Resurrection Church is located 3 miles west of Route 53 and just south of Route 68.

From the south
Take Route 53 north, exit at Rand Rd.  Turn left (west) and proceed to Dundee Rd.  Turn left (west) onto Dundee and follow to the intersection of Dundee and Quentin.  Turn left, Church is on the left just south of the intersection.

From the northeast
Take any southbound route to Route 22 or Lake-Cook Rd.  Proceed west to Quentin Rd, and turn left (south) to the Church.

From the northwest
Take Route 14 (Northwest Highway) to Dundee Rd and proceed east.  Turn right (south) on Quentin Rd to the Church.

A map is posted at our parish website:  http://www.hroc-oca.org

Schedule of Services

5:00 PM Vespers.
Saturday Evening

10:00 AM Divine Liturgy (9:00 AM in Summer).
Sunday Morning

Vesperal Liturgy on eves of Great Feasts at 7:00PM or as announced at Church.
Eves of Great Feasts

Parish Background

A prayer service for the beginning of a good work was held in the main sanctuary of the Grace Lutheran Church in Prospect Heights, IL on February 1, 1970.  It marked the beginning of Holy Resurrection Orthodox Mission.

The early life of the parish was simple.  Sunday Liturgies took place in the cafeteria at the Prospect High School in Mount Prospect.  A knockdown altar and other liturgical items were obtained or constructed as services continued to be held at this location from September 1970 to 1979.

In 1975, property consisting of 2 lots of nearly 1 acre each and a house were purchased on North Quentin Rd in Palatine.  This served as the parish rectory while the parish continued to meet in Mount Prospect for Church services.

With a considerable amount of remodeling, the rectory was eventually converted into a small chapel.

The transformation of the mission to a more permanent site was accompanied by growth in numbers of parish members.  Soon after, a larger building to be used as a church was constructed and blessed in June of 1983.

Over its lifetime, Holy Resurrection parish has evolved into a community of American members with various ethnic backgrounds, including Arabic, Carpatho-Russian, Russian, Ukrainian, Greek, Serbian and Romanian.  A significant number of converts from Protestant and Roman Catholic backgrounds have found their spiritual home in the Orthodox Church.  All Liturgical services are in English.

Holy Resurrection parish’s community life includes a comprehensive Church School program which meets during the course of the normal school year, classes for catechumens, an adult study group, and an active parish choir.  For more information about our parish, including a map to our location, you can visit our parish website which is located at www.hroc-oca.org