Holy Trinity Church

Los Angeles, California

Holy Trinity Church

Founded 1939

Diocese: Romanian Episcopate

Deanery: Pacific Deanery

Address

3315 Verdugo Rd
Los Angeles, California 90065-2844

Email: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

http://www.sfantatreime.org/

Office: 323-255-8583

Parish Contacts

V. Rev. Constantin Alecse
Pastor
PO Box 65853
Los Angeles, CA 90065
Home: 818-365-4724
Fax: 818-688-3965
Rev. Dn. Vasile Simonca
[Deacon]
2129 W Vintah St
Colorado Springs, CO 80904
Home: 719-477-0896

Directions

General Location
Holy Trinity Church is located in the Eagle Rock area of Glassell Paek, southeast of Glendale.

From the East (San Bernardino / Orange County) via Fwy #5
Heading northbound (towards Sacramento), take Glendale Freeway #2 north to the second exit:  Verdugo Rd.

From the East (San Bernardino / Orange County) via Fwy #710
Follow Freeway 710 north (Long Beach).  Take Freeway 5 north (towards Sacramento). Take Glendale Freeway #2 north to the second exit:  Verdugo Rd.

From the East (San Bernardino / Orange County) via Fwy #10
Take Freeway 10 west (San Bernardino).  Take Freeway 5 north (towards Sacramento).  Take Glendale Freeway 2 north to 2nd exit:  Verdugo Rd.

From the East (San Bernardino / Orange County) via Fwy #210
Take Freeway 210 west.  Take Glendale Freeway 2 south to the second exit:  Verdugo Rd.

From the west (San Francisco / Santa Barbara / Ventura)
Take Freeway 405 to Freeway #101 south/east.  Take Pasadena Fwy #134 (east).  Take Glendale Freeway #2 to second exit:  Verdugo Rd.

From the north (Sacramento) via Fwy #5
Take Fwy 5 (Golden State) south.  Take Glendale Fwy #2 north to the 2nd exit:  Verdugo Rd.

From the north (Sacramento) via Fwy #14
Take Freeway #14 (Antelope Valley) south.  Take Freeway #5 (Golden State) south.  Take Glendale Freeway #2 north to the second exit:  Verdugo Rd.

From the north (Sacramento) via Fwy #405
Take Freeway #405 south to Freeway #101 south/east.  Take Pasadena Freeway #134 east to Glendale Freeway #2 south.  Take Glendale Freeway to second exit:  Verdugo Rd.

From the south via Fwy #405
Take Freeway #405 north to Freeway #101 south/east.  Take Pasadena Freeway #134 east to Glendale Freeway #2 south.  Take Glendale Freeway to second exit:  Verdugo Rd.

Schedule of Services

All services and the Sunday Catechism classes are in English.

The following schedule represents services held in the Chapel.  English services are held every Sunday of the year.

11:30 AM Sunday School.
Sunday Morning

9:00 AM Matins.
Sunday Morning

10:00 AM Divine Liturgy.
Sunday Morning

Confessions are heard on Sundays at 9:00 AM and by appointment or prior arrangement.
Confessions

Parish Background

The Holy Trinity Orthodox Church of Southern California conducts its services and activities as “HTOCSC” (THE CHAPEL) within the Holy Trinity Romanian Orthodox Church of Los Angeles, CA.

The Holy Trinity Romanian Orthodox Church of Los Angeles, CA, hereinafter referred to as “the Mother Church”, was established on June 25, 1939 by a group of some 25 persons of Romanian ancestry who held their first “parish general assembly” in the home of Petru German, at 456 N Gage St in Los Angeles, California.  During its almost 60 years of existence, the parish was served by 6 priests:  Martin Ionescu (939-1947), who was instrumental to the establishment of the parish; Grigore Coste (1948-1957), Victor Barbulescu (1957-1969), Anchidim Useriu (interim, 1969/1970), Richard Grabowski (1970-1982), and Constantin Alecse (1982 to this date).

Considering the need for an English speaking community, long overdue at the Holy Trinity, with the blessing of His Grace Bishop Nathaniel of the Romanian Orthodox Episcopate of America and Canada, VRev Constantin Alecse, Rector of the said church and Dean of the Pacific Coast Deanery, had started “the Chapel”, to serve the English speaking community. Since 1995, he has been serving occasionally the Divine Liturgy, in English, in a “portable” chapel in the Church’s big hall.

In 1996-1997, an inspiring monastery-like chapel was built by volunteers, beautified with more than 125 Orthodox icons, intimate iconostasis (including a kitchen where from light refreshments are served), on the grounds of the former “Chancery” (parish offices) of “the Mother Church.”

For the sake of clear identification, by the non-Romanian Community, the Chapel bears the name of the “Holy Trinity Orthodox Church of Southern California” (The English Chapel).

Please contact the rector, Fr Constantin Alecse, for more information.  The Sunday Catechetical School, as well as the “HTOCSC/The Chapel” Services are held entirely in the English language.  All people of Orthodox Faith are wholeheartedly welcome to attend.

For more information on our building project, please check our website at www.orthodoxnet.org