Diocese: Diocese of the South
Deanery: Southcentral Deanery
1601 S. Jupiter Rd
Allen, Texas 75002-4106
From US Highway 75 (Central Expressway)
Exit Spring Creek Parkway. Turn east on Spring Creek. Go 2 lights to Jupiter Rd. Turn left on Jupiter and right on Chaparell. We are the building with the playground that is just back from the corner of Jupiter and Chaparrel.
Schedule of Services
English is used for all regular weekly services.
5:00 PM Great Vespers.
9:30 AM Divine Liturgy.
6:00 AM Divine Liturgy
6:30 PM Vespers.
9:30 AM Divine Liturgy
Confessions are heard after Vespers on Saturday and Wednesday.
St Sava Orthodox Church was founded in 1988 by the Rev. Bogdan Djurdjulov who was succeeded in 1990 by the V. Rev. Martin LeBrecht as Priest-in-Charge. Fr. Martin retired in 2004 and Fr. Seraphim Hipsh was reassigned from St. Seraphim of Sarov Cathedral in Dallas, TX to St. Sava Church. In early 2005 St. Sava relocated to 3801 Avenue K, a former Baptist church that now serves as a nice Orthodox temple and fellowship hall.
In 2007, the church purchased the current property and in December 2009, the church moved to its current location in Allen, TX, where plans to build a temple are underway.
The parish offers daily services and at least one weekday Liturgy. See www.stsavaoca.org for a current schedule. Digital recordings of Liturgies and weekday homilies are posted to the St. Sava website for the benefit of absent and homebound members.
Teen youths group meets on Fridays from 6:30-8 PM at the parish. Christian education for children is now available through lessons posted on the Church website..
Visitors are cordially invited to join us for a post-Liturgy fellowship meal across the hall from the worship area.