Holy Ascension Church Accessible

Mount Pleasant / Charleston, South Carolina

Holy Ascension Church

Founded 2002

Diocese: Diocese of the South

Deanery: Carolina Deanery

Address

265 North Shelmore Blvd
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina 29464

Mailing address:

PO Box 1228
Mount Pleasant, SC 29465-1228

http://www.ocacharleston.org

Office: 843-881-5010

Fax: 843-881-5010

Parish Contacts

Rev. John E Parker III
Rector
816 High Battery Cir
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
Home: 843-810-9350
Rev. Dn. James Mark Barna
Attached
4900 Frances Ave
Charleston, SC 29405
Home: 843-566-9496

Directions

General Location
Join us in our new temple at 265 N. Shelmore Blvd, Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464.

From Downtown Charleston
Cross the Cooper River Bridge, and follow signs to 17 North. Once on 17, take the second traffic light LEFT onto Mathis Ferry. Proceed down Mathis Ferry to the second traffic circle. Go around circle (3/4), entering I’On on Shelmore. Stay on Shelmore for roughly a half mile.  Church is on the left.  Street parking.

From 526 towards Mt. Pleasant
Take exit for 17 South. At bottom of exit, make first RIGHT at light onto BOWMAN. (McDonald’s is opposite on left, East Cooper Hospital on Right.) Travel approximately one-half mile to light and turn LEFT onto Mathis Ferry. Follow Mathis Ferry approximately 1.2 miles to the traffic circle. Take the first RIGHT in the circle onto Shelmore. Stay on Shelmore for roughly a half mile.  Church is on the left.  Street parking.

Schedule of Services

6:00 PM Great Vespers.
Saturday Evening

9:10 Hours, 9:30 AM Divine Liturgy.
Sunday Morning

6:00 PM Vespers.
Wednesday Evening

7:00 AM Divine Liturgy.
Mornings of Great Feasts

Call 843-881-5010 for information and/or directions

Parish Background

Holy Ascension Mission was formally established in March, 2001, with the blessing of His Eminence, Archbishop Dmitri, as a mission parish of the Southern Diocese of the OCA.  The congregation of about 55 people is evenly divided between “cradle Orthodox” and “converts.”

With the Sunday of Orthodoxy 2008, we have moved into our new temple.  Glory to God for all things!

All are welcome.  All services in English.