St. Anne Church Accessible

Corvallis, Oregon

St. Anne Church

Founded 1990

Diocese: Diocese of the West

Deanery: Pacific Northwest Deanery

Address

6000 NE Elliot Cir
Corvallis, Oregon 97330-9254

Mailing address:

PO Box 1366
Albany, OR 97321-0545

http://www.staoc.com

Office: 541-745-6982

Parish Contacts

V. Rev. Stephen E Soot
Rector
2365 Robin Hood NW
Albany, OR 97321
Home: 541-928-9240
Fax: 541-745-6982
Dn. Hennok Soot
Attached
1930 Paula Ave NW
Albany, OR 97321
Home: 541-917-9515

Lay Leadership

Mrs. Mona Soot
Choir Director

Directions

General Location
St Anne Mission is located in Corvallis, Oregon, 1 1/2 hours south of Portland and one hour north of Eugene.

From I-5
Take exit 228 (approximately 4 miles south of Albany exit), and follow the signs pointing to Corvallis (to the west).  Follow State Rt 34 approximately 10.2 miles.  After crossing the bridge over the Willamette River take the second right (NW 3rd St) in Corvallis.  Drive north on this road (which is also US 99W) for 3.8 miles.  Turn right at the signal light onto NE Granger Rd and, after crossing the railroad tracks, a left onto Elliot Circle.  The church is a white two-story building on the left, about 1/10 of a mile from the intersection.

From Corvallis
Drive north on US 99W for 3.8 miles.  Turn right at the signal light onto NE Granger Rd and, after crossing the railroad tracks, a left onto Elliot Circle.  The church is a white two-story building on the left, about 1/10 of a mile from the intersection.

Schedule of Services

5:30 PM All-night Vigil, Confessions (PST). (6:30 PM in PDT)
Saturday Evening

9:40 AM Third and Sixth Hours.
Sunday Morning

10:00 AM Divine Liturgy.
Sunday Morning

6:30 PM Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts.
Wednesday & Friday Evenings During Great Lent

6:00 PM Vigil.
Eves of Great Feasts

9:00 AM Divine Liturgy.
Mornings of Great Feasts

Confessions are heard following Vespers, one hour before Liturgy, or at other times by appointment.
Confessions

Church School classes are held on Sunday mornings at 9:00 AM.
Education Schedule

Please call the Rectory at 541-928-9240 for schedule of other services or for other information.
[Will appear after all other details]

Parish Background

Oregon is one of the most unchurched states in the country.  Orthodoxy was virtually unknown in any of the towns outside of the urban Portland or Eugene areas.

In 1990, an Orthodox couple moved to the Albany area where there was no Orthodox Church.  They soon discovered that travelling to Portland for Church severely limited their ability to lead an active Church life.  With the blessing of His Grace Bishop Tikhon, a small mission station was established.  There were six people at the first reader’s service, which met at 3:00 in the afternoon at a Presbyterian Church.

Over the next two years, the mission moved two more times, first to the basement of a Catholic Church, and then to a rented room in an Episcopal Church, where the community grew to 20 people.  In July, 1992, Fr Stephen Soot was ordained to serve the parish and the Mission was given the patron St Anne.  In 1996, the mission purchased property in North Albany that included a small house that was used as the church for several years.  Finally, in early 2003, the mission purchased the historic Lewisburg Grange Hall and converted the upstairs into a suitable temple.  The downstaires of the Lewisburg Grange Hall contains a large commercial kitchen and a large dining and meeting room.

The community has grown to 110 members, most of whom have come to Orthodoxy at St Anne’s.