St. Herman of Alaska Church Accessible

Port Townsend, Washington

St. Herman of Alaska Church

Founded 2000

Diocese: Diocese of the West

Deanery: Pacific Northwest Deanery

Address

1407 30th Street
Port Townsend, Washington 98368

http://www.orthodoxporttownsend.com

Office: 360-385-0585

Parish Contacts

V. Rev. Nicholas Kime
Rector
1404 30th St
Port Townsend, WA 98368
Home: 360-385-1032
Rev. Dn. Christopher Grant
[Deacon]
100 Evergreen Ln
Port Haddock, WA 98339
Home: 360-379-5343

Lay Leadership

Mrs. Macrina Lewis
Choir Director
Mrs. Karen Akins
Church School Coordinator
2880 Gise St
Port Townsend, WA 98368
Home: 360-385-1766

Directions

General Location
The Mission is located in Port Townsend, WA, at the northeast corner of the Olympic Peninsula, across the Puget Sound from Seattle, WA.

From Route 20
Coming into Port Townsend on Route 20, turn left on Sheridan Street (by the QFC supermarket).  Go approximately 2 miles and cross over Hastings Avenue.  Go 3 more blocks and turn left onto 31st Street.  After 1 block, turn left on Hendricks Street. Continue driving 1 block straight into the parking lot next to the church with the gold onion dome.

Schedule of Services

7:00 PM Great Vespers.
Saturday Evening

9:30 AM Divine Liturgy.
Sunday Morning

All major feasts and selected weekly services from the liturgical calendar are celebrated. See our weekly bulletins and monthly calendars for details.

Parish Background

Our church, dedicated to St. Herman of Alaska, the Patron Saint of all Orthodox Christians in America, is located on the beautiful Olympic Peninsula.

We began with a few families back in the early 1990’s and held our first services in a spare room in one of the houses. As we grew, we moved into a classroom in the local Catholic Church.  Finally we built our own church in 1998, celebrating the Feast of Theophany and rejoicing that God had allowed us to come and worship in our new church home.

We remembered the words from Scripture,  “Except the Lord build the house, ye labor in vain,” and dedicated ourselves to the wonderful labor of serving Christ on earth.

Our community was received into the OCA (Orthodox Church in America) under the Omophorion of our Diocesan Bishop, Bishop Tikhon, in the year 2000.