Diocese: Archdiocese of Western Pennsylvania
Deanery: Allegheny-Beaver Valley Deanery
150 Elmtree Rd
New Kensington, Pennsylvania 15068-4636
White Oak, PA 15131
Apollo, PA 15613
Sarner, PA 16055
New Kensington, PA 15068
St John Church is located in New Kensington, PA, north of Pittsburgh approximately 23 miles along the Allegheny River.
From Route 28
Take exit 14; go through 2 lights and cross the Tarentum Bridge. Continue through 3 lights and make a right onto Freeport Rd. Follow to the crest of the hill, and make a left onto Elmtree Rd. The Church is at the end of the block on the right.
From Route 366
From Greensburgh Rd come into New Kensington continuing on Rt 366 (by-pass). Go to the fifth light and make a left onto Freeport Rd. Go to crest of hill and turn left onto Elmtree Rd. The Church is located at the end of the block on the right.
Schedule of Services
6:00 PM Vespers and Confessions.
9:00 AM Sunday School (September through Pentecost).
10:00 AM Divine Liturgy, coffee social (9:30 AM from June through August).
6:00 PM Great Vespers and Litiya.
Eves of Great Feasts
9:00 AM Divine Liturgy.
Mornings of Great Feasts
6:00 PM Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts.
Wednesday Evenings in Great Lent
St John the Baptist parish was founded in 1910 and originally located in Arnold, PA. The parish relocated in May 1964, at which time a new church complex was built and dedicated. The Church interior is a jewel with its beautiful iconography and stained glass windows containing biblical typology from both the Old and New Testament.
The services are celebrated in English. There is a full cycle of liturgical services. The choir is excellent. There is a school for children pre-school through 12th grade. There are bible study and adult lectures throughout the year.
The parishoners work very well together under the spiritual leadership of their priest Father Paul Ziatyk. To make further inquiry call Father Paul at 724-337-8162.