Icon of the Mother of God of “St Christopher”

In 1555, the Icon of the Mother of God “Of St Christopher” was put in the church of the monastery founded by St Christopher of Solvychegodsk (July 25), a disciple of St Longinus of Koryazkemsk (February 10). This icon was glorified by many miracles, and near the monastery a spring of healing water flows from the earth.

The St Christopher Icon is one of the Hodigitria type.