Saint Tarasius of Glushetsa was abbot of a monastery built by St Stephen of Perm (April 26), and he zealously spread and affirmed the Orthodox Faith among the Zyryani people.
In 1427, under the successor of St Stephen, Bishop Gerasimus (January 29), St Tarasius voluntarily gave up leading the monastery and went to the Glushetsa monastery under the guidance of St Dionysius.
St Dionysius, seeing Tarasius’ deep humility, accepted him. The former igumen Tarasius toiled alongside the novices as an equal at the monastery and he led a strict ascetic life. He was buried at the Dionysiev monastery in 1440.