Icon of the Mother of God “of Tenderness” from Seraphim-Diveyevo

The Seraphim-Diveyevo “Tenderness” Icon of the Mother of God belonged to St Seraphim of Sarov, and was his cell icon. With the oil from the lampada, which burned before this holy icon, the saint anointed the sick, who received healing after the anointing. The ascetic died while at prayer before the icon on January 2, 1833. After the death of St Seraphim of Sarov the monastery Superior Father Niphon gave the holy “Tenderness” icon to the sisters of the Seraphim-Diveyevo monastery.