The Orthodox Church in America is accepting applications for the position of Executive Assistant. A detailed job description may be found in PDF format.
The Executive Assistant serves as the personal secretary to the Metropolitan with responsibility for all matters of correspondence to and from the Office of the Metropolitan, including the logging in of mail and the preparation of responses for review to both postal and electronic correspondence, the drafting of letters, scheduling and calendar maintenance, and follow-up work on Primatial visits. The Executive Assistant also serves the Chancery office as a general clerical/executive assistant.
Required skills include
- a proven ability to work confidentially as an executive secretary.
- a thorough knowledge of the structure, traditions, and key personnel of the Church.
- the ability to express and present information, ideas, and conclusions clearly, concisely, and forcefully, orally and in writing.
- a proven ability to work effectively as a team member.
- typing and basic computer skills.
A seminary graduate with language skills is preferable.