The Lubech Icon of the Mother of God received its name from the city of Lubech, on the outskirts of Chernigov. The icon manifested itself during the eleventh century. The miracles of this icon were described by St Demetrius of Rostov. In 1653, when an invasion of the Poles against Lubech was imminent, they sent the icon to Kiev. In 1701 after the restoration, they returned the icon to the Lubech church in honor of the Resurrection of Christ, and an exact copy was left in the cathedral of Holy Wisdom (Hagia Sophia) in Kiev.