Checklist for Outings
Before the day of the outing did you ...
- Coordinate with the site you plan on visiting?
- Schedule and acquire suitable and sufficient transportation?
- Decide on and make arrangements for meals?
- Recruit or assign enough volunteers or staff for the outing?
Before you leave do you have with you ...
- Directions in all vehicles?
- Money, check, tickets etc.?
- Insurance and release forms?
- Head Count for total staff and youth in all vehicles?
- Back-up Plan for bad weather?
- All your kids?
When you arrive ...
- Go over the rules of conduct with the youth, again.
- Check the schedule with the on-site coordinators.
- Inform staff and youth of the schedule of on-site activities.
- Inform the staff and youth of meal times and location.
- Select one or more stationary positions with staff as well as one or more wandering staff.
- Select one stationary position as the central meeting and check-in point.
- Inform all staff and youth of the central meeting point and check-in times.
- Inform all youth to make sure that they have a good time!
When you are ready to leave ...
- Meet at the central meeting point.
- Take a head count and make sure all are present and accounted for.
- Once all youth and staff are accounted for, process out to the vehicles to take you home.
- Once everybody is in their vehicles, take another head-count.
- Proceed home.
- Make sure all youth are returned to where they are supposed to be, as previously arranged.
When you return and all youth have been sent home ...
- File your forms for later use.
- Make copies of any used incident reports and file them with parish and diocese.
- Thank all staff for a job well done.
- Note any disciplinary measures that need to be taken regarding future outings.
- Submit all expenses and receipts to the appropriate office or individual.
Taken from the OCA Resource Handbook for Lay Ministries