His Beatitude, Metropolitan Tikhon, visited the Twin Cities the weekend of the Veneration of the Cross, April 6-7, 2013, where he presided at services at Saint Mary’s Cathedral, Minneapolis. According to the cathedral dean, Archpriest Andrew Morbey, the celebration marked the historic anniversary of the first hierarchical visit to Minneapolis on the Sunday of the Cross on April 7, 1892 by His Grace, Bishop Nicholas (Ziorov), then Bishop of the Aleutian Islands and Alaska (1891-1898). This date also marks the commemoration of the Repose of Saint Tikhon the Confessor, Patriarch of Moscow, the heavenly patron of Metropolitan Tikhon. In 1906, Saint Tikhon, as Archbishop of the Aleutians and North America, consecrated the new Saint Mary’s temple. During the Divine Liturgy, Archpriest Gregory Krutchek was awarded the palitsa.